Timing is everything and now is your chance to get involved as we prepare for 20 editions of THE VACATION RENTAL TRAVEL GUIDE.
1. Submit a 750-1000-word Travelblog to VRTG for possible publication. To keep travel writer status active, write one travelblog once a year.
2. College grad (or soon to be): major-Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or Advertising.
3. Love of writing and traveling.
4. International travel experience.
5. Ability to travel for mininum of 10 days at a time once a year.
6. Bilingual is not necessary, but a definite plus.
7. Must have a laptop with ability to get internet service.
8. Ability to pay for transportation, vacation rental lodging is complimentary.
Benefits to You
1. Credit for Internship program, or Independent Study.
2. A published byline in The Vacation Rental Travel Guide.
3. Your short bio is published in the section of vacation rentals about which you are writing.
4. Vacation rental accommodations complimentary (in between travel expenses not included).
5. You will be granted an official Vacation Rental Travel Guide PRESS PASS while reviewing.
6. Boast of published writing experience, writing samples, and reference on your resume.
1. You will travel (transportation your expense) to Vacation Rentals Worldwide, (see travel schedule and areas); staying in each vacation rental ten days; and write a feature article on each vacation rental, its surrounding area, describing the experience, amibance, and local attractions.
2. Write a feature article and include three key photographs, and upload to the website your story with photos prior to moving onto the next vacation rental spot. You will include basic information such as location, website, contact information, size of home, description of unique features, etc.
3. You will select your category of interest, (see categories) and will also create your own itinerary, and will recieve instructions and a training session on how to do that.
4. If you choose you may offer (1 page, 2 sides, up to four half page ads or any combination thereof) advertising space in the book to the local tourist attractions, restaurants, and the vacation rental owner. You will guide the adveriser through the ordering process, upload their art/ad to Vacation Rental Travel Guide Site, as well as guide them through the payment process. You will receive a 25-50% commission for advertising sold. If you have a paypal account and debit card, we will deposit your commission into your paypal account.
5. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for your own taxes, passport, visas, transportation, food, health insurance. VR Travel Guide is not responsible to anything that may happen to you along the way. You must use wisdom, common sense, and professionalism, as you travel, so that you may find yourself at peace in all situations.