1. You will travel (transportation is your expense) to 7-10 Vacation Rentals Worldwide, (see travel schedule and areas); staying in each vacation rental 5-10 days; and write a feature article on each vacation rental, its surrounding area, describing the experience, amibance, and local attractions each vacation rental has to offer. Since vacation rentals are unique, this is not a strict rating system, but you will rank all the vacation rentals in order within the category of vacation rental which your are writing about.
2. Write a feature article and include 1 or 2 key photographs, and upload to the website your story with photos prior to moving onto the next vacation rental spot. You will include basic information such as location, website, contact information, size of home, description of unique features, etc.
3. If you choose you may offer (1 page, 2 sides, up to four half page ads or any combination thereof) advertising space in the book to the local tourist attractions, restaurants, and the vacation rental owner. You will guide the adveriser through the ordering process, upload their art/ad to Vacation Rental Travel Guide Site, as well as guide them through the payment process. Within 24 hours your will recieve a 50% commission (for the first 2 editions only, then reduced to 33%; on any advertising sold. If you have a paypal account and debit card, we will deposit your commission into your paypal account within 3 days.
4. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for your own taxes, passport, visas, transportation, food, health insurance. VR Travel Guide is not responsible to anything that may happen to you along the way. You must use wisdom, common sense, and professionalism, as you travel so that you may find yourself at peace in all situations.
5. VR Travel Guide Coordinator will arrange you to meet each owner to pick up the key at each Vacation Rental. You must complete your writing assignment prior to going to the next vacation rental.
6. You are explected to treat each Vacation Rental with Tender Loving Care. Any involvements with illegal drugs, parties, pornographic materials, and anything that might be considered unprofessional will be cause for revocation of your press pass. What you have written may or may not be published, with no further vacation rental access. Every vacation rental booked and assigned to you must be completed for you to get Internship, independent study credit, and/or job references.
7. All writings submitted will be edited, proofread, and copyrighted as part of The Vacation Rental Travel Guide, and exclusive use of all your writings submitted and published will belong to The Vacation Rental Travel Guide, and its publishing company, DS Publishing Company.
Time and Manner of Performance: Consultant shall devote such time as is required to providing services under this Agreement. Consultant shall be available for telephone and personal consultation and assistance on a reasonable basis consistent with the needs of the Company and the necessary performance of the services described in section above. All services hereunder shall be performed in accordance with good professional practice. Confidentiality : “Confidential Company Information” means all of Company’s system architecture, planning, marketing, financing, and other proprietary know-how (except that excluded herein), whether or not the know-how is the subject of a pending patent application or is a patentable invention. Confidential Company Information may be contained in oral communications, as well as in any tangible expressions referring or relating to Company’s systems and business practices, including, without limitation, software and hardware, manuals, notes, documentation, technical information, drawings, diagrams, specifications, formulas, industry contacts, and know how related to any of Company’s services; any information regarding products and services incorporating the technology of other companies; and any other information that is clearly marked as confidential or proprietary, or which under the circumstances should in good faith be treated as confidential. In addition, all text, writings, materials and information developed, created or produced by Consultant for Company shall constitute Confidential Company Information. Source materials, information and technology developed by Consultant under this Agreement shall also be deemed Confidential Company Information upon its conception. Confidential Company Information does not include any information that: (i) was received by Consultant from a third party without violation of a nondisclosure obligation of that third party; (ii) is independently developed by or for Consultant without using Confidential Company Information; or (iii) is or becomes a part of the public domain through no violation of this Agreement. Consultant shall have the burden in any dispute of showing that information is not Confidential Company Information. Ownership by Company. All Confidential Company Information disclosed by Company, all materials referring or relating to Confidential Company Information, any software, hardware, equipment or devices incorporating any Confidential Company Information are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Company and, except as set forth in this Agreement, Consultant shall have no interest in or rights to use or disclose Confidential Company Information. Continuing Duty. Consultant’s agreement to protect Company’s confidential information shall apply both while Consultant is engaged by Company and after the engagement by Company ends, regardless of the reason it ends. Indemnity. Consultant agrees to indemnify and hold Company harmless against any losses, damages or costs, including attorney’s fees, arising from the unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Company Information or any software, hardware, equipment or devices incorporating any Confidential Company Information by consultant or by third parties to whom Consultant has without Company permission disclosed or delivered Confidential Company Information or any software, hardware, equipment or devices incorporating any Confidential Company Information. Relationship Between the Parties. Consultant is an Independent Contractor and agrees to perform the Services hereunder solely as an Independent Contractor. The parties to this Agreement recognize that this Agreement does not create any actual or apparent agency, partnership, franchise, or relationship of employer and employee between the parties. The Consultant is not authorized to enter into or commit the Company to any agreements, and the Consultant shall not represent itself as the agent or legal representative of the Company. Further, the Consultant shall not be entitled to participate in any of the Company’s benefits, including without limitation any health or retirement plans. The Consultant shall not be entitled to any remuneration, benefits, or expenses. Company shall not be liable for taxes, Worker’s Compensation, unemployment insurance, employers’ liability, employer’s FICA, social security, withholding tax, or other taxes or withholding for or on behalf of the Consultant. All such costs shall be Consultant’s responsibility.